Strumhor, Connel, By Oban, Argyll, Scotland PA37 1PJ
T: 077881 915936
Things to do....
There is not enough time in one week to do all this area offers, but below are some ideas.
We have several books of walks in the area, as well as OS maps. Our favourites:
- Ben Lora - 2-3 hours to the top or just take an hour to go up to the Eagle’s Eyrie and back. Go for a coffee at Jimmy’s cafe at the foot in Benderloch
- Ben Cruachan - a Munro with fabulous view from the top - takes about 6-8 hours to the top and down again.
- and others
Where to eat...
Tony & Olga's top trips
2 The Treshnish Isles between June and July to see puffins and hear corncrakes.
3. Go walking on the Isle of Kerrera.
5. Go kayaking with Tony (Seafreedomkayak).
7. Watch the sunset from Strumhor or from the Connel viewpoint.
8. Visit Kilmartin stone circles, Dunadd and Carnasserie castle.
10. Visit Dunstaffnage castle and walk round the shore woodland.
11. Visit Oban Distillery.
12. Take in the view from Pulpit hill, Oban and then have lunch in the Manor House.
13. Have a pint at the "Tigh an Truish" by Atlantic bridge Isle of Seil.
17. Drive through Glencoe or have a walk there.
19. Spend £8 on a licence and go trout fishing on Loch Awe.